19 Feb Master Your Running Training with ‘FOCUS’
Use the strategy of FOCUS to take ownership of your training workouts and maximize the benefits.
- Focus: Big Purpose To train strong you need high energy and that’s connected to a strong sense of purpose. Know your ‘big purpose’.
- Focus: Workout Purpose Proper training requires specific intensities for specific distances. Know your ‘workout purpose’.
- Focus: You, Not Others Everyone responds uniquely to the effects of training and progresses at different rates. Beware–Do Not Compare. You will get there.
- Focus: Process, not Outcome Focus on the task at hand–the process–and the outcome will come.
- Focus: Positive The simple act of noting a positive focus at the end of a workout, speeds recovery. Be positive.