21 Feb Linda’s Easy One-Dish Tasty Turkey
Linda’s Easy One-Dish Tasty Turkey
This one-dish meal–made with lean, protein & iron-rich dark ground turkey–is almost effortless to prepare. Perfect solution for a quick ‘n easy, healthy midweek supper. Make in a larger batch and satisfy a hungry crowd.
450 g extra-lean dark ground turkey
Sliced cremini mushrooms
3/4 cup tomato sauce
Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Saute ground turkey and mushrooms on stovetop w/a little olive oil or coconut oil.
- Drizzle eggplant slices with olive oil. Roast in 425deg F oven for 15 minutes.
- Cook carrots (boil or microwave)
- Add tomato sauce and cooked carrots to meat/mushroom mixture.
- Plate the meat mixture and slices of eggplant. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and parmesan.
Option(s): top with freshly ground black pepper, chili peppers, etc.
Linda’s Notes: I use Hayter’s Turkey Farms extra-lean dark ground turkey. There are endless flavour variations to be made by adding onions, garlic, herbs, and spices or other veggies.
Do you have a fav one-dish midweek healthy meal? Let me know.
Cheerios and Enjoy, ~Linda