27 Aug Cocoa-Coconut Macaroons
- 7 oz (2.5 to 3 cups) unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 deg F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine coconut, cocoa powder, and salt. Add the maple syrup, oil, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Press the dough into a T measuring spoon and drop onto the baking sheet. Bake until crisp on the outside and soft in the middle, about 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before transferring to a plate or storing in an airtight container.
Linda’s Handy Tips:
- Coconut: Since shredded coconut comes in many different sizes, decide if you need to shred. Weighing gives the most accurate measurement.
- I use a 2 T metal coffee measuring spoon (see photo). Press dough into the spoon and whack it down on the tray. Yes, whack and you will see nicely-shaped mounds of macaroons on your tray.
- If at first you do not eat them all, macaroons freeze quite nicely. PS: No guarantee you will not be tempted to eat some before baking. Baker Beware.
What I Like Best About These: Yes, they are sweet and are tempting yet I have found that 1 or 2 macaroons do a wonderful job of ‘squelching’ that sweet tooth.
Have a wonderful day, Until next time, Cheerios from Linda