01 Feb Banana Blondie Protein Pucks
1 cup almonds
1 1/4 cups mashed, very ripe bananas
3 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1 cup lightly packed all-natural, sweetened vanilla whey protein powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spray 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325deg F.
- Finely chop almonds to a powder (not a paste) in food processor. Add other ingredients and process using on/off pulses, until blended and smooth.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden and centre is just set when touched.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool. Store in refrigerator for 5 days or in freezer for 1 month.
- Made 43 mini muffins instead of 12 large
- Used chocolate whey protein
- Added a 1/2 tsp almond extract and a few cacao nibs
- Did not add salt
Nutrients per puck (when making 12):
Calories 128, Fat 5.9 g, Cholesterol 64 mg, Carbs 8.8 g. (Fiber 1.6 g, Sugars 4.5 g), Protein 11.2 g
Source: Power Hungry: The Ultimate Energy Bar Cookbook
Did you like these Blondies? Make any others from the book? Would like to hear what you think.